notice ::

This is my project blog.
Find me on my personal blog; or on my other Entrecard blog, dedicated to photography -
the blog - waterstonephoto.


Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day #157

One of the perks of being single is receiving a GST cheque from the government 3-4 times per year. Each cheque starts off around $56, then after a few years (I think when you reach a certain income) the cheques rise to $96 each. Well, when we got married these cheques kept coming, so I thought perhaps something had changed. Ha!
After filing our income tax this year, we received letters explaining that we were no longer entitled to these GST cheques and now owed the government $181 each - well, isn't that peachy. Our marriage was registered with the government in November (married in September...) so the cheques should have stopped way back then already. Anyways...
today I wrote a cheque to send back to the government. And instead of leaving the "memo" section blank, I left a little note for the accounting department.

[I haven't uploaded the photo yet, so I'm not spoiling this new thing until I do!]

I hope they get a laugh out of it instead of coming to arrest us or something. LOL.

1 comment:

haleyhughes said...

Now you're just being a tease!

Of course this comment will make no sense once you do upload the photo. :)

Hilarious videos from Improv Everywhere! :-)






Site Meter