notice ::

This is my project blog.
Find me on my personal blog; or on my other Entrecard blog, dedicated to photography -
the blog - waterstonephoto.


Saturday, April 26, 2008

Day #117

This morning I was up at 6:15am in order to get a rainbarrel for only $30. Everywhere in the stores they are selling them for at least $100, so this was a steal of a deal! I got in line at 6:45, and I overheard many people saying that those at the front of the line had been there since 3:00am. Seriously...
Anyways so it was advertised that the sales would start at 7:30. Thankfully though they started selling at 7am! I had plans at 8am and I didn't want to be late. It worked out perfectly; it took me a half hour to get up to the front! I was so happy to get a rainbarrel; they're even designed to be connected with other barrels too, so maybe next year I'll get another one! :-)

fill this out


5 comments:

haleyhughes said...

From what I've seen, you're right, $30 is a steal!

I've got a rain barrel on my birthday list, and am hoping to get one in a few weeks. Fingers crossed. :)

heidisjourney2thirty said...

this is going to sound completely ignorant, but what is a rain barrel?

Lisa365 said...

@haley: I hope you get one!! :-)

@heidi: A rain barrel just sits outside the house collecting rain water from the eavestrough/downspout. It's a FANTASTIC way of conserving water to water your garden and lawns and cars, etc. Here in my region we have watering restrictions for anything outside, so this helps! :-)

The Hunter's Wife said...

I think this is a great idea. I've never seen a rain barrel.

Lisa365 said...

really? it's just a barrel that collects rain water, usually from the downspout coming off the roof :-)

Hilarious videos from Improv Everywhere! :-)






Site Meter