notice ::

This is my project blog.
Find me on my personal blog; or on my other Entrecard blog, dedicated to photography -
the blog - waterstonephoto.


Monday, March 24, 2008

Day #84

I may do something new everyday, but I sure don't update the blog everyday! I really have to work on that!

So! Today I had a great idea for another project I wanted to start: building my family tree.

After talking about family and learning about our relatives from years gone by, I really wanted to start getting this information organized. I did a few Google searches and finally landed on MyHeritage.com, where you can sign up for free and start creating a humongous tree. It was fun to start! I would like to keep a chart going for this as a hard copy though, just in case. And I'll have to talk with my grandmother a lot more about our family's history.

I learned that my grandma's great-grandmother was from the Player family, the manufacturers of Player's cigarettes! However, when she married someone of a lower-income family, the Players disowned her. I wonder how different my life would be now, had that woman married into the "right kind" of family!

myheritage

4 comments:

Monique Renae said...

I started doing my family tree and got so frustrated! Getting information from my family was almost impossible.

domestika said...

Great project! (And yeah, hard copy of anything online is a great idea.) And when you get some of the stories together, maybe you can start thinking "new thing: family story scrapbook" or "new thing: photo collage of dead ancestors on a coffee mug" - oh, the spin-off possibilities are endless!

The Hunter's Wife said...

I started my family tree years ago and hit a dead end. I learned a lot of interesting information from my Grandma.

Good luck. It really is an interesting project to get into.

lisa365 said...

thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to expanding the tree... I've got more names just from my dad, and I'm going to meet with my grandma again to talk about it more :-) It's very exciting!

Hilarious videos from Improv Everywhere! :-)






Site Meter