notice ::

This is my project blog.
Find me on my personal blog; or on my other Entrecard blog, dedicated to photography -
the blog - waterstonephoto.


Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day #50

http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-Short-Term-Memory-Problems

New thing for today: Learning how to cope with short term memory problems.
I value my memory, a LOT. My grandfather was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease in 1990, and the two years that followed until his death in 1992 were absolutely horrible. I fear that someday I will be diagnosed with this devastating disease, so the more I can do now to try and prevent it, the better. I keep scrapbooks, a personal blog, and I take lots of photos. I reminisce a lot too, talking and sharing about "old times" and good memories.
I remember my grandpa as a kind and gentle person. I was only 7 when he passed away, and family members tell me that although his memory was fading, he could relate to me the best. Perhaps it was because children don't know as much and aren't as intelligent as adults? Like he was reverting back to being a child? I don't know. The movie The Notebook especially breaks my heart everytime I see it. My grandma is a very strong woman :-)

No comments:

Hilarious videos from Improv Everywhere! :-)






Site Meter