notice ::

This is my project blog.
Find me on my personal blog; or on my other Entrecard blog, dedicated to photography -
the blog - waterstonephoto.


Sunday, February 10, 2008

Day #41

Since Day #37 when I signed up at Entrecard.com, I've had various emails come back to me in regards to this new traffic-building "thingy". One message I received tonight was from someone who visited my blog, and tagged me in a meme (pronounced "meem"). So, I completed a new meme after I was tagged by a new blogger friend.

I’ve been tagged by a fellow blogger, GeekMomMashup (http://geekmommashup.com)

Rules.

1. The person tagged must copy the word (”Blego”) and paste the definitions of the word contributed previously by the people who did the meme.
2. Link backs would be nice, but not necessary.
3. The person tagged must then add her own definition in this format ‘yourname.com’s definition’ and place your link. Being creative with the acronym is encouraged.

So what the heck is “blego”?

Blego: (definition by ) - the newest descriptive word for something amazing.... "That is so BLEGO!"

Blego (GeekMomMashup.com definition) - A mispronunciation of the name of Aragorn’s horse “Brego,” in The Lord of the Rings. I love that book!

Blego (evilwoobie.com’s definition) - n. an acronym of “blog ego”, which pertains to a blogger’s sense of self in the blogosphere.

Blego (Darkside-Dreamland.com’s definition) - n. a protologism combining blog and ego. Used to define the ego of a blog or blogger. Like personal ego, blego may be good or bad.

Blego (benbarden.com’s definition) - n. a toy for children to build with but with a B in front.

BLEGO (WoganMay.com’s definition) - abbr. Breaking Little Enterprises - Godzilla Organisations.

Blego (Blogosis.com’s definition) - n. An Eggo waffle and a blog mixed together. I don’t know what this would look like, but maybe I can come up with a prototype.

Blego (amid.com’s defintion) - expression. “Bleh, let’s go!” If you’re being forced to go somewhere or do something, by your spouse or friends, just slur those words together and get “blego”. It is usually said after a big sigh. For example, “Do I have to? Hrmph! Blego!”


4. Answer the following questions.

A. Do you know what your blog is really about, and you can write a one-sentence promotional material for it in a flash? If yes, write it here.

> Lisa365 is all about trying new things like foods, crafts, or just silly things with the goal of making one year of life more interesting!

B. Do you join social networks to promote your blog? If yes, do you hope to find friends in these social networks and in the process get regular readers of your blog?

> So far I've only joined Entrecard.com thanks to a fellow blogger friend, and I've got my blog feeding onto Facebook. I'm not so much looking for new friends... Anyone out there looking for something humourous to read or for me to share my embarrassments with. That's basically it! But new friends are always welcome! :D

C. Do you or do you plan to join ranking sites that put your blog in competition with others for popularity? If yes, do you or do you plan to monitor your stats regularly?

> Not at all. I don't want to track popularity because that's not what I'm about. If I only have my family as my readers, then that's just fine! I don't need to be published worldwide; I don't think I could handle it!

D. Do you tweak your blog often in accordance with the tips you get from blogging guides and gurus? If yes, list the bloggers you visit often to obtain these tips.

> Not really... I might find new words to use, or a different format for some entries after reading friend's blogs, but it's nothing fancy. I would just call it a little salt to give some flavour. :)

E. Do you think of your next post even if you have just written a new one? If yes, list your inspirations for posting, and/or some routines that you go through before posting.

> I wake up every morning thinking about my next post. Because the focus of my blog is one new thing everyday, I make the effort to post everyday. Sometimes it's a challenge to get it posted, but it's always on my mind.
Routines I guess would include gathering some graphics or editing a photo that I'm going to include with my post. It's different everyday. Sometimes I've got every word thought out already hour before and then other days I have to sit and wait for the right words to come to me.

5. Tag 5 other people to do the meme.

> I'm going to skip this part. If you feel like copying & reposting your own answers, feel free! Leave a link in a comment and I will read it :-)

No comments:

Hilarious videos from Improv Everywhere! :-)






Site Meter