notice ::

This is my project blog.
Find me on my personal blog; or on my other Entrecard blog, dedicated to photography -
the blog - waterstonephoto.


Friday, January 4, 2008

Day #4

I love taking pictures. Travelling, taking pictures, and having fun. What isn't fun about that! Well, I kind of did a new thing for today, by signing up at Toyvoyagers.com.
Basically, you have a toy (think: dolls/bears/characters from fast food restaurants) and you create a profile for them. You meet other people on this website who are willing to temporarily adopt or "host" your toy for a length of time. During that adoption period, they take your toy around where they live and snap photos and share about their travels on your toy's Travelog. Kind of like the roaming gnome. Anyone can browse the site to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.
Awhile ago I was doing this very same thing, only I was keeping my toy ("Lamby") to myself. A friend also had a Halo character going on adventures ("Little Johnny").
Anyways, so I requested two free ID numbers for my toys that I will send out over this weekend. I'm curious and anxious to see where they'll end up, and I'm especially excited to see the photos and hopefully receive a postcard or two from their hosts!
Here are my Toy Voyagers, Lamby & Peach:

2 comments:

haleyhughes said...

Do you have links to your toys' profiles? It sounds like a fun idea and I'm curious to see what's happened to them.

lisa365 said...

Oh yes, I do! My profile is here:
http://www.toyvoyagers.com/index.php?a=profile&w=1659

And the Voyagers I'm hosting/own are listed on this page :-)

It is fun, but when I had 7 toys at one time it was a bit overwhelming haha :-)

Hilarious videos from Improv Everywhere! :-)






Site Meter